Why Celebrate Christmas : The month of December marks a very important festival of Christians. Perhaps by now you guys must have guessed I am talking about someone. Yes friends, it is the festival of Christmas. But do you know why we celebrate Christmas ? If not, in this article today, you will get complete information about this subject. 25 December is celebrated with full enthusiasm and is the most important festival of Christians. Nowadays, Christmas is celebrated all over the world not only by Christians but also by all or non-Christians. Children especially look forward to this day as they have received many gifts.
It is a time of happiness where family, friends come together and spread happiness. This day is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ. Messiah who has come from heaven to save the world. Christians believe that Jesus was born in Bethlehem two thousand years before Christ. There are many explanations about the name of Christmas and why it is celebrated. Therefore, I thought that why should not you be provided with complete information about Christmas and why Christmas is celebrated . Then let’s start.
What is Christmas ?
Christmas (Christamas) is a great festival of the year and it is also called the ‘Festival of Christ’. It is celebrated every year on 25 December as Christmas Day. It is celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy especially by Christians.
This is the birth anniversary of the great Jesus Christ, who is considered by the people of Christianity to be the son of God. It is a cultural holiday that everyone enjoys. It is a day of great importance for Christians . People do a lot of preparations before the festival and decorate their houses with lights, decorative items and flowers.
When is Christmas celebrated?
As I have already said, Christmas is celebrated on 25 December every year. The Christmas celebration begins about four weeks before Christmas Day and ends on the 12th day of Christmas . It is celebrated as a religious and traditional festival all over the world. The tradition of celebrating Christmas varies from region to region. People distribute gifts, Christmas cards, organize banquets.
Why is christmas celebrated
25 December is celebrated as Christmas to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ . According to the New Testament, Jesus was born in Bethlehem to Joseph and Mary. The month and date of his birth are not known, but until the early decades of the fourth century, the Western Christian Church held Christmas on 25 December. This date was later adopted worldwide. In 1870, the United States declared Christmas a federal holiday.
What is a Christmas tree?
The Christmas tree is an evergreen tree decorated with lights and ornaments as part of the Christmas celebration.
Martin Luther campaigned for the Christmas tree , through him, the Christmas tree eventually became famous throughout Germany. And the rest of Europe soon became familiar with the Christmas tree – in 1840 the first Christmas tree of the English Queen Victoria was decorated in England.
Story of christmas tree
At first, everything was used as a Christmas tree decoration. For example, in Switzerland, it was previously decorated with apples and cheese.
Around 1650 , the princes decorated their trees with dolls, clothes and even silver ornaments. Of course, people could not afford to use silver jewelry or dolls as decoration, so they started designing and making their own jewelry. With the advent of industrialization in the 19th century , then Christmas tree decorations were also produced and sold.
And finally, at the end of the 19th century, the Christmas tree was designed. In the 19th century, in Germany, the first artificial Christmas trees were developed. Modern artificial Christmas trees are made of PVC. The amazing thing is that real Christmas trees help in removing dust and pollen from the air.
In the small village of Nazareth, Israel, Mary lived a young virgin, married to Joseph, a Jewish carpenter. An angel met Mary in her dream who told her that she had been chosen to be the son of a god and had to be named Jesus.
And thus, it happened that while Mary was still attached to Joseph, she became miraculously pregnant through the Holy Spirit . When Mary told Joseph, she naturally felt betrayed, but an angel saw her in a dream and verified what Mary had told her. In this way he made Mary his wife despite the possible public humiliation.
Let us also know about some Christmas symbols. Which is very important to know all Christians.
1. Angel – The angels announced the news of birth. He announced the good news on that first Christmas night.
2. Bell – Christmas bell indicates that all are precious in his eyes and he will help you.
3. Evergreen tree (Christmas tree) – The evergreen Christmas tree remains green throughout the year and reminds us of eternal hope and eternal life. We can have eternal life because of Jesus Christ. It points to heaven which reminds us to see God in all things.
4. Gifts – The Christmas gift reminds us how Jesus Christ gave us the greatest gift of all.
5. Holi – The plant of Holi represents immortality. The red holly berries represent the blood shed by them for us.
6. Wreath – Christmas wreath is a symbol of God’s never ending love – no beginning and no end. The wreaths are in mandalas made with evergreens that symbolize eternal life.
7. Santa Claus – St. Nicholas used to give gifts from house to house. He wears red, the first Christmas color. He brings good will and love for everyone like a protector.
8. Candles – Christmas candles remind us that Jesus is the light of the world. It is the light that we should follow and through it we will find our way in the darkness of life.
9. Candy Cane – The white on the candy cane represents the holiness of Jesus, and the red stripes symbolize the blood he shed for us.
10. Tara – The Christmas star represents the first star in Bethlehem that was born on the night Jesus was born. It also signifies that Christ is the light of the world and is a bright hope for all mankind.
How is Christmas Day celebrated ?
Christmas is a festival that is filled with happiness, joy and worship in the lives of people. On the occasion, people go to church, sing carols, attend various religious services, present gifts, beautify their homes with Holi, mistlets, lights, flowers and Christmas trees and accompany the family Let’s behave. On Christmas Eve, churches around the world perform evening services.
At midnight, many churches offer exceptional candlelight services. Santa Claus is an acclaimed personality in the Christmas program who distributes gifts to children . People prepare many cakes and banquets. Children used to celebrate this festival with great enthusiasm and were excited for the gifts which were given by parents, friends.
Why is Christmas celebrated ?
I hope you have liked this article about what Christmas is and why Christmas is celebrated . It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information about Christmas in Hindi to the readers, so that they do not have to search in other sites or internet in the context of that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write down comments.
If you liked how to make this post Christmas tree or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook , Twitter and other social media sites.