What is Laptop ? Have you ever used a laptop? If yes then maybe you have knowledge about it. But if not then there is no need to panic, because today through this article we will know what is a laptop computer and what are its main components?
Due to the development of latest technology, it has greatly improved our life and the people of the present generation are really taking full advantage of this technology. In today’s time, humans are completely dependent on technology, and are completing all their work with these latest available machines and gadgets. For example, we use cars, planes, trains to cover long distances. At the same time, we use mobile phones or telephone to communicate with others. In such a situation, we use computers to do our official work or any of our other work. At the same time, the desktop computer is now starting to be old things because it lives in one place and it is difficult to move it from one place to another. Laptops were invented to solve this problem.
These Laptops and Tablets started providing portablity and Mobility features to the people, so that people no longer have to depend more on Desktop . Together they can use laptops anywhere and anytime. So today I thought why do not you guys have laptop kya hai and how are it used and what are its advantages such as providing many information through this article. With which you also get information about this type of computers. So without delay, let’s start and know What is Laptop .
What is a laptop?
This laptop is a type of computer, which we also call notebook computer. It is a battery or AC-powered personal computer, which is generally of small size (smaller than a briefcase), it can be easily carried from one place to another, together it can be used conveniently. There are temporary spaces such as airplanes, libraries, temporary offices , and even in meetings .
The weight of a laptop is typically less than 3 kilo and its thickness is 2 to 3 inches. By the way, now its size and thickness have also come down significantly. Now manufacturers of many laptop computers have come in the market such as IBM, Apple, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Acer, ASUS etc.
Talking about the cost of laptop computers, then it is very much compared to desktop computers of the same capabilites and features. This is because it is very difficult to design and manufacture Laptops.
The displays used in laptops use thin-screen technology . These thin film transistor or active matrix screen are very brighter and its views are much better from different angles, if we compare it to STN or dual-scan screen . The laptop uses many different approaches to integrate the mouse into the keyboard, to include a touch pad. There is also a serial port that allows a regular mouse to attach. There is also a PC Card which is an insertable hardware in laptop to add a modem or network interface card. Also CD-ROM And DVD (digital versatile disc) drives can also be built-in or attached.
What are the components of a laptop?
Although there are many components of a laptop, but here we will only know about some important components.
This central processing unit (CPU) is the controlling component of the laptop computer. Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). Multi-core processors contain more than one core of the same chip. Speed ratings of these processors indicate how much the speed of each core is. The higher the speed and the more cores are in the laptop processor, then the more tasks that laptop can do simultaneously.
This hard drive is the memory storage of any laptop . A larger size hard drive allows users to install more programs and larger programs and it also saves more files. Today’s high-performance laptop computers have hard drives with a lot of storage space. Such as 2TB, 4TB Hard Drive . A typical hard drives run at 5,400 rpm, but if you need hard drives with performance boost then you can also use a 7,200 or even 10,000 rpm hard drive.
Random access memory (RAM) is a very main component that helps the laptop to run faster. With more RAM, a computer can run more programs simultaneously. While a web-browsing laptop will only work with 2 GB of RAM , an entertainment laptop needs 4 to 8 GB of RAM.
Laptop screens use thin liquid crystal display (LCD) screens. You get the clearest picture in the native resolution in your laptop display, it is the same resolution in which the image matches the screen with the exact number of pixels. The more native resolution of the laptop screen, the more detailed picture quality will be.
Laptop’s optical drive is its DVD or CD drive . On most new laptops, these DVD +/- RW drives come pre-installed, also known as burner, its function is to read and write in Blank DVDs and CDs in all formats. These are very handy our importants files or data to backup to. Some laptops do not even have optical drive as it saves both the space and weight of that laptop. But you can see it in most.
The number of external ports varies from one laptop to another. By the way, there are some USB ports at all . You may need a VGA port if you have to connect a separate monitor or projector. Some laptops also have separate memory card slots for MMC and SD cards .
You can connect to an Ethernet port with a network via an Ethernet cable. Wireless connections , which use a wireless-G or wireless-N signal, are often universal for newer laptops.
These are also called graphics cards, video cards generate graphics in your laptop display. All laptop CPUs have a graphics controller , which allows the computer to display basic video and graphics. There is a video card, but an extra device that takes over the load from the processor, so that it helps the laptop to run smoothly and quickly, while the users are playing movies or games. Some video cards have their own system memory, which makes it faster, and provides more seamless performance.
What is the relationship between Laptop and Tablet?
By the way, there are many relations between Laptop and Tablet, whether they are similar or there are differences between them.
Let us first know about similarities
Both these tablet devices and laptop computers are such types of computers that can perform many similar tasks such as browsing websites, sending e-mail messages to someone and writing paper.
At the same time, both devices are very portable, which can be easily carried from one place to another.
Both these devices are very sensitive devices, so great care must be taken while carrying these two.
Let us first know about Disimilarities
A laptop is a very portable computer. Which means that in it you can find all the features of a desktop but its size is small, due to which you can take it anywhere. A tablet computer is also very small, but it offers more and better portability, which has fewer features and options. In this, the touch screen display, its battery , display and circuitry are all in a single unit.
Laptops where slightly thick and heavy, whereas tablets are not very thick or heavy. Together they are more portable than a laptop.
Where a laptop contains a physical keyboard, whereas a tablet does not have a physical keyboard. There is only one touch screen in which you can do all the functions of the keyboard. While the laptop has a trackpad in place of a mouse, there are no such touchpad in Tablet. Everything can be control from the screen.
If I talk about the battery then the battery of the laptop dissipates faster than the Tablet. This is because in addition to having more RAM in the laptop, you can also do a lot of heavy work which requires more battery, whereas the Tablet does not have such large operations due to which there is not much usage of batteries.
There are CDs and DVDs (Optical Drive) in the laptop, while these options are not available in Tablet.
Hardware in laptops can be upgraded, such as RAM, Hard Drive etc. There is no facility to upgrade hardware in Tablets.
If we talk about Prices, then laptops are more expensive than Tablets.
Will the general people get a laptop for 75 percent in the 12th class in 2018 2019?
Many governments have announced that laptops should be provided to students who are more diligent and have lower number in examinations. So that they can use these laptops in their studies. But there are certain conditions in it, such as it is applicable only for students studying in 10th and 12th classes, 75 or more percent of whom should appear in the final exams.
Benefits of laptop
1. There is a Portable Device: These are very portable. Due to which they can be easily transported from one place to another.
2. It has a long battery life : Laptps have a very long battery life, due to which it can be used for a long time without power supply. It is very useful especially during travel. Also the battery life of a normal laptop is 3 hours.
3. Are of small size : If we compare it with Desktop then the size of these laptops is small, but it can also do all the work that we do in desktop. Due to its small size, it can be easily taken to offices, schools, colleges.
4. No keyboard or mouse required: as it has inbuilt only keypad in which you can do mouse work. There is also a built in keyboard. This does not require external mouse or keyboard.
5. Internal Speakers: There are also Internal Speakers. So that there is no need to take an external speaker anywhere.
6. WIFI and Bluetooth: It also has the facility of Wifi and Bluetooth, due to which you can easily use Intenet and transfer files from one device to another.
7. It has Built in Webcam: In desktop users need external Webcam. At the same time, integrated webcam is already in the laptop, so we do not need external camera. With this we can easily make video calling.
8. Having low power requirement : If we compare it with Desktop then the laptop has low power requirement. This will reduce your electricity bill.
9. Entertainment: In this all the devices are already built in, so no matter what the task is, education, music, movies or pictures, you can use laptops for everything, even with ease. It is used according to an entertaining gadgets.
Loss of laptop
Let’s know about the disadvantages of laptops.
1. Expensive: Laptops are more expensive than other computers. Because you can easily get the desktop of the same configuration at low prices.
2. It is also not right for our health : When it comes to our health, then everything comes later. By using more laptops, it affects our health, such as in our eyesight, hands, feet, backbone etc. Also we have the possibility of having many diseases.
3. Difficulty to repair : Since everything in it is insatalled inside the laptop, it is not much easier to do repair than desktop. In addition, its components are also more expensive. Apart from this, computer expert can also charge you more due to difficulty in repairing.
4. It can be easily stolen: Since these electronic devices are very portable, they can be stolen very easily. While portablility is also an advantage, it is also a big disadvantage for its security.
5. Customization and Upgradability: Customization of these devices and upgrading their hardwares is very difficult. For this, we may need another computer expert.
6. Their technology gets old very soon: as we know that technology is getting upgraded day by day. In such a situation, if you buy a new laptop today, then in the coming few months a new upgraded version will be available in the market. Also, the laptop you buy will become cheaper and its technology is also old.
7. It can become the focal point of distraction: It has been seen many times that students use laptops less for studies and more for entertainment. Like they listen to songs, watch movies etc. This wastes their valuable time. And due to which work number comes in their studies.
8. Chances of its damage are many: Since it is an electronic device, if any juice, water, tea, sarbat etc. fall in it accidentally, then the laptop can be damaged immediately. Also, care has to be taken to take it from one place to another, otherwise it can cause device damage.
I hope you have liked this article about my laptop . It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information about what is a laptop computer to the readers, so that they do not have to search in other sites or the internet in the context of that article. This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write down comments. If you liked this post in Hindi about what happens to the laptop or you got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook , Google+ and Twitter etc.