All of you must have used printers, but do you know what is inkjet printer ? How does it work If not then what is today’s article Inkjet Printer is going to be a lot of information for you. Do not skip this article in the middle because in this you can get to know about many new things which you may not know.
Twenty to three years ago, many people thought that the use of paper would stop completely with the arrival of computers. Even the Xerox company , which first brought photocopiers for us to use in 1960, were also very upset about this because their business was mainly around paper. But later nothing happened, the paper became as popular as it was before, so that as much technology comes, people like some things exactly as before. In such a situation, paper is also one of those things. In such a situation, a lot of change has been seen in the methods of printing.
With the increase of digital camera and computers, people now print photos or documents with the help of printers in their homes. And if it is the matter of printers then how can the Inkjet Printer fall behind. By the way, these are among the types of printers that people like to use more. In such a situation, I thought that why you should be provided complete information about what is Inkjet Printer and how it works so that you can get complete information about it. Then without delay let’s start and know what is Inkjet Printer.
What is inkjet printer?
Inkjet printers are called those printer category in which printing is done with the help of inkjet technology. In this technology, ionized ink is sprayed on top of the paper, such as a magnetic plate, which is fed through the printer. Since inkjet printers are very affordable compared to other types of printers, they are commonly used according to households and business printers. Inkjet printers are also simply called inkjets.
An inkjet printer has many things like a print head, ink cartridges, paper feed assembly, belt and stabilizer bar etc. These inkjet printers are fully capable of creating high-quality images and high-resolution photos that use vivid colors. They can work with almost all types of papers, but they work best in high-quality papers.
What is inkjet printing?
You can consider inkjet printers to be a great evolution of dot-matrix printers. Here in place of metal needles, there are hundreds of tiny guns that fire dots of ink on paper. The characters that they print are made up of dots, as in a dot-matrix printer, but these dots are so small that they are not visible to us. Different types of inkjet printers fire ink in different ways.
Where in Canon printers , the ink is fired by heating them so that it explode in the shape of bubbles near the paper. That’s why Canon sells these printers with the help of the brand name ” Bubble Jet “. , While Epson printers have a slightly different manner. It uses an effect which is called piezoelectricity. Tiny electric currents that are controlled by electronic circuits within the printer help the miniature crystals to jiggle back and forth, enabling them to firing ink. In simple words you can think of inkjet printers as a firing squad nozzles that can spray ink of millions of dots into paper at a time every second!
Inkjet printer definition
How does the ink page reach? Its procedure varies slightly in a bubble jet and a piezoelectric inkjet.
If we talk about Canon Bubble Jet printers, then there is something like this:
1. As instructions are received from the computer, the electronic circuit of the printer figures out which nozzles have to fire in a certain point in the page to print a particular character. The number of hundreds of nozzles are involved to form a single character and each of them is very thin (you can say that by mixing ten nozzles it is like a human braid).
2. In this, the circuit activates each nozzles by passing an electric current through them through a small resistor which is inside.
3. When electricity flows through resistors, it heats it up.
4. Due to heat from the resistor, it boils the ink inside the nozzle which is immediately next to it.
5. As soon as the ink boil occurs, it forms a bubble ink vapor. This bubble expands enormously and bursts later.
6. When it pops the bubble, it squirts the ink that it is holding on top of that page and a precise dot is formed.
7. This collapsing bubble creates a partial vacuum nozzle that draws more ink from the nearby ink tank, and prepares itself for printing the next dot.
8. Meanwhile, the entire print head is moving on the other side and is ready to print the next character.
Piezoelectric Ink Jets
The mechanism of a piezoelectric inkjet is slightly different:
1. It supplies an ink tank to the ink dispenser through capillary action through a narrow tube.
2. A droplet of Ink is waiting from the tank at the very end of the tube.
3. When these printer circuits want to fire an ink droplet, it energizes both the electrical contacts which are attached to the piezoelectric crystal.
4. This energized piezoelectric crystal outward flexes.
5. It squash against a membrane , it also pushes it towards the right side.
6. Then the membrane pushes against a hole in the ink dispenser, which increases its pressure there.
7. This pressure forces the waiting ink droplet from the tube to the paper.
Which is the best Inkjet or Ink tank Printer?
It is a very pleasant thing to be able to tell which of the Inkjet or Ink tank printer are the best. On the other hand, if we look at performance, then there is not much difference between these two.
Whereas if we talk about the prices of ink cartridges and ink tanks of these two, then I can say that a refillable ink tank costs more than ink cartridges. The catridges are over very quickly, compared to ink tanks. Also catridges are not less expensive.
So we can say that if you use printers heavily, then you should use ink tank printers, in place of ink jet printers. Whereas if you are a normal user who does not use printers much, then you can use ink jet printers.
Main Parts of Inkjet Printer
If you have ever opened an inkjet printer, then you clearly see everything inside, let’s know about them:
1. Plastic gears which are driven by an electric stepper motor turn the rollers so that the paper advances through the printer.
2. A flexible ribbon cable carries printing instructions in an electronic circuit from a printer to the moving cartridge.
3. Inkjet printers have circuits that translate instructions from a computer, and convert them into precise movements of a printhead. Actually electronic bits and bobs are not visible. It is a single, large circuit board in the printer in which all components are mounted, such as control switches, LED display lights, and many connections to the power supply to those printer mechanisms.
4. Plastic and rubber rollers pinch the paper tightly so that they move through the printer with absolute precision.
5. An advancing metal rail printer guides the head as if it can move back and forth.
6. Spiked wheels that are in the front of the printer help to hold the paper securely and also to move precisely.
7. It prints print cartridge prin left to right, and with it it can reverse print information, so that it prints backwards right to left. This is called bidirectional printing and they allow pages to print faster.
What is inkjet plotter
Inkjet plotters are very common type of plotter – they are very generally available and their prices are also very low, and it has the feature that the color of the picture can be printed without loss of quality. . Technical inkjet plotters typically feature a tri-tonal ink system for color printing.
These inkjet plotter create image by spraying ink of small droplets into a paper. A very popular choice is for advertising agencies and graphic designers, as inkjet plotters are more commonly used to print large outputs, such as banners and billboards. These are available in thermal and piezoelectric models . Where thermal inkjet plotters use heat to apply droplets of ink, piezoelectric plotters use charged crystals to apply ink. Inkjet plotters typically produce much better quality graphics than other plotter types.
I hope you have liked this article about my inkjet printer . It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information about the Inkjet Printer to the readers, so that they do not have to search in other sites or internet in the context of that article. This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write down comments. If you liked this post What is Inkjet Printer or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook , Google+ and Twitter etc.