What is DBMS ? You must have heard about DBMS, its full name is Database Management System. It is known by name that it manages the entire database. Database management systems do all the work from creating, handling and deleting data. A software that can create, manage, control, delete and update data.
Through DBMS both users and programmers can handle their data, ie both can create, manage and update the data. It has its many benefits, about which it is very important for you to know. Let us know what DBMS is and what happens in it in full detail.
What is DBMS ?
Database is a collection of related data . The data collection is the facts and figures that are processed to generate information.
Most data represent recordable facts. Data helps to produce information which are based on facts. for example. If we have marks of one class then we can conclude who among them are toppers and who are average marks.
This database management system stores data in such a way that it is easy to retrieve, manipulate, and produce data from it.
DBMS Full Form ?
The full form of the DBMS is the Data Base Management System .
DBMS Full Form in hindi ?
DBMS Full Form is a database management system. The Database of definition is considered, it is a collection of related data that some such Organize the (systematic) are used to access it easily, can be managed and updated.
What are the Characteristics of Database System?
1. Being of self-specified nature : A database system not only contains data but also stores a description of database structure and constraints with it. The definition is stored in the DBMS catalog, which contains information such as structure of each file , type and storage format of each data and constraint. The information that is stored in the catalog is called meta data.
2. Program Data Independence : If I talk about traditional file processing, then the structure of each file is embedded in the application program. Therefore, due to any change in the file, it is necessary to make necessary changes in the programs also to access that file . Whereas in DBMS, we have program data independence because the structure of data files is stored separately in the system catalog, if we compare it with the access programs.
3. It supports multiple views of data : There are many users of a database in which each requires a different view or perspective for the database.
4. Sharing of database can be between multiple users: DBMS allows multiple users to access the database at the same time.
What is the function of DBMS
1. Data Redundancy
Each application in the file system has its own private files and in such a situation duplicate files of the same data are created in many places. The same type of files are kept at one place in the DBMS, ie it is not repeated which reduces the Redundancy of the data.
2. Sharing Of Data
Data is shared in DBMS by the authorized user of the organization. In this, the data administrator controls the data and gives the user rights to access the data.
3. Data Consistency
DBMS can prevent the same type of data from being stored repeatedly in the database.
4. Integration Of Data
In DBMS all data is in tables and a database has more than one table. Relationships can be created between all these tables, which makes it easy to retrieve and update data.
5. Data Security
Data in DBMS is fully controlled by the data administrator. In this, the administrator only determines which data to give to the user and how much data to give. All the database administrators control which part of the database to give access to and not on which part of the database. This increases the security of the database and the data does not go into the wrong hands.
6. Remove Procedures
You all know that computer is a kind of machine and it can malfunction anytime and hardware or software can become spreader in such a way that data can be destroyed. Through DBMS you can easily recover data under such conditions.
Some Potential Disadvantages of Database Management System (DBMS)
1 Cost Of Implementation (implementation costs)
The cost involved in implementing a database system can be high and can be very high.
2. Effort Of Transfer Data (Difficulties in data transfer)
In the current system, transferring the database can be very difficult and it may take too much time.
3k Risk is Hiya Database Fails (database Faliyr) to
If the data is spread even for a short time, then it will have an impact on the company and the company may have to suffer many kinds of losses.
Types of Database Management System
1. Network Database
In such a database, the data is represented as a record and the link between the data is displayed.
2. Relational Database
In it, data is stored as a table. Where data is stored in Column and Rows. It is also known as structural database.
3. Hierarchical Database
In this, the data is shown as Parent and Child, which are in the tree structure.
What are the components of Database Management System?
In DBMS all data is kept in tables. Data collection, filtering, editing, retrieving, etc. are all done on tables. Tables are made up of Rows and Columns which store all the data inside.
Each column inside the table is called a field. In this, specific part of every data is stored like customer number, customer name, street address, state etc.
The data that is contained in rows inside a table is called a record. A record is a type of entry in which a person’s name, phone number etc. can be.
Extracting the data from a table or database according to need is called a query. If you want to remove the list of friends living in the same city, then it will be called a query.
You can enter data in a table but it is not easy to modify and store it. Therefore forms are used to remove this time. Data is entered in forms just like tables.
When you print the database records on paper, it is called a report.
What is the function of Database Management System
1. Create Data : Data is created by DBMS i.e. it is stored in a table.
2. Manage Data : In this, the data is managed so that it can be easily accessed.
3. Update Data : In this, data can be updated as per the need.
4. Delete Data : The data that is not needed in it is deleted.
5. Data Backup : In this, data is backed up so that it can be recovered when the system is spread.
6. Data Recovery : In this, data is recovered when the system is spread.
what did you learn today
I hope you have liked this article about what DBMS is . It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about the work of DBMS, so that they do not have to search in any other sites or internet with reference to that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write down comments.
If you liked this post what is DBMS in Hindi or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook , Twitter and other social media sites.