What is ATM : Do you know what this ATM is and how to withdraw money from ATM ? You all must have heard about ATM before. But you might not know how it works. If you know about it then it is a very good thing and if not then it is not a matter because what is ATM for you and how to use it today? I am going to give full information about which you will be able to clear all your doubts.
Knowing about ATM does not only make everything, but also how it is used and what precautions you should take special care of, etc. You will also know more about this post in detail.
First let’s know what is the full form of ATM? Its full form is Automatic Teller Machine (ATM), which is also an automatic banking machine (ABM) with which it helps all the customer to complete their basic transactions and that too without the help of any bank representatives. without.
If seen, there are mainly two types of Automatic teller machines (ATMs). The first one is the basic ATM which helps customers to withdraw and view their account report. At the same time, another ATM is a bit complex because its functions are a bit complex, like in this you can report deposit, credit card payment facilities and account information. So without delay, let’s start and know what this ATM is and how to use it in Hindi.
What is ATM ?
The full form of ATM is Automated Teller Machine. This is an electronic device that only bank customers can use. It is used to conduct any account related transaction.
Here, users use a special type of plasic card to access their account, in which the user information is already encoded on the back of the card over a magnetic strip.
There is an identification code in this magnetic strip, on the use of the card, that identification code is sent to the bank’s central computer by modem. So when the user inserts his card in the ATM to access his account, then the identification code is automatically matched so that if the code matches, then the account transaction is processed.
What is Full Form in hindi
ATM Full Form : Automated Teller Machine .
History of ATM
John Shepherd-Barron was the inventor of the ATM or automatic teller machine, which invented it in the 1960s. It is called automatic calculator machine in Hindi. With this, automatic banking machine, cash point, also called Bankomat.
The generation of modern ATMs was first used by Barclay Bank in London on 27 June 1967. Earlier in the 1960s, ATM was known as Bankograph, it is believed to have been first used in London and its invention is credited to John Shepherd-Barron . He was born in Shillong, Meghalaya on 23 June 1925 in British India.
Baron was in favor of having an ATM PIN of 6 digits, but his wife told him that 6 digits was more and people would not be able to remember it. For this reason, he later made a four-digit ATM PIN. Even today, a four-digit pin is still in circulation.
The ATM facility was first introduced in India in 1987. The first ATM in India was set up by Mumbai and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) in Mumbai. At present usage of ATM has become an important part of routine. Since invention happens whenever its need is its parent.
In the same way, the need of ATMs in western countries came when those people or financial institutions had to face problems due to the demand to increase the salary of the employees dealing with cash and lack of well skilled people.
That is why after the invention of ATM, many of the bank’s work became possible through ATM because a lot of work can be done in self service. It does not have to depend on the bank employee. But when the idea of ATM came to the mind of its inventor, he had to face many difficulties.
Because even at that time, banks used to consider money transactions as a very sensitive matter and they did not accept to leave such money in the hands of any machine. This was a big risk, so no bank was ready to use it.
Even after this, Luther did not lose courage and continuously spent 21 years of his life in its development, after which he applied for its patent in ‘June 1960’. And in February 1960, he got his patent as well.
How to withdraw money from ATM
By now, you must have known about the ATM. Now it is the turn of how can we withdraw money when we have an ATM card mehzud. To understand this process, I have described it in full detail below. You can read its description below.
1. You have to find the ATM near your area first, if possible, the ATM machine of the same bank that you have is even better. By the way, if you want, you can withdraw money from any bank’s ATM.
2. Now put your ATM card in the machine. The method of this process will be seen in the instructions in front of the ATM machine. Insert the ATM directly and the green light usually keeps burning there. Insert the ATM directly into the machine or else the machine will not be able to read. If not read, you will be asked to insert again in the screen.
3. Once the ATM machine has read your card, you will be given the option of language selection. The ATMs mainly operate in English and Hindi. Choose one of these two languages at your convenience.
4. Now for your work, you ask for the PIN. This PIN is the same PIN that is given to you by the bank with or in reference to the ATM. Which you do not have to share with anyone.
5. Once you have entered your correct PIN then a new page will open in front of you on the screen. Now you have to select the type of your account. Such as Saving Account (Savings Bank Account) or Current Account (Current Bank Account). Whatever you are, you can make a proper choice.
6. After selecting the type of account, you will have to enter the amount you want to withdraw. Keep in mind that different banks and different accounts have different withdrawal limits. For this, first confirm this thing with that bank.
7. Once you have put the amount and clicked on OK, your amount will be released from the machine. And in this way you can withdraw your money from ATM very comfortably. Keep in mind that more than the amount you have deposited should be deposited in your account, otherwise you may have to pay some fees for this.
8. In this way your first transaction is completed.
9. If you want to withdraw money, then the option is also given there. Otherwise, if you press the cancel button, then your transaction ends there.
Automatic Telling Machine Devices:
The Automatic telling machine mainly consists of two input devices and four output devices which I have explained below.
1. Card reader
2. Display Screen
3. Receipt Printer
4. Cash Depositor
ATM Input Devices:
१. Card Reader
A card reader is an input device that reads data from a card . A card reader is a part of the identity of a designated account, with the magnetic strip which is present in the back side of the ATM card, is used to make a connection with the card reader.
When the card is swipe into the card reader, then it captures all the information in the magnetic strip i.e. the data that is received from the card is passed to the host processor (server). Then Host Processor uses that data to generate information about cardholders.
The card is recognized only when the machine asks you for further details such as your Personal Identification Number (PIN), withdrawal and your balance inquiry. All cards have unique PINs so that there is a very low chance that someone else takes money from someone else’s account.
There are separate rules to protect the Pin Code when it is sent to the host processor. The PIN is sent in encrypted form. The Key Board consists of 48 keys and is interfaced with the processor.
ATM Output Devices:
Speaker audio creates feedback whenever a particular key is pressed.
२. Display Screen
Display screen displays transaction information. All steps of withdrawl are shown in the display screen. CRT Screen or LCD Screen is used in all ATMs.
३. Receipt Printer
Receipt Printer shows your complete details such as your Withdrawl, date and time, Amount which has been withdrawn and how much balance is there in your account with it in the receipt.
४. Cash Dispenser:
The heart of any ATM is the Cash Dispenser. This is the central machine of any ATM machine from where money is withdrawn as needed. From this portion any user can collect their money.
The main task of Cash Dispenser is to count each bill first and then withdraw the required money. If a note is ever folded, it is sent to another section and you will get rejected bill in the output. All these things happen with the help of high precision sensors. Records of all ATM transactions are kept with the help of RTC device.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) also plays a very important role in an ATM. They provide communication between ATM and Host Processors. Whenever there is a transaction, the details are inputted by the sub-card holder.
These information is transmitted to the host processor with the help of ATM machine. Host Processor checks all those details with the authorized bank’s server. If those details match then the host sends the approval code of the processor to the ATM machine so that you get your cash money.
2 Types of ATM Machines
Mainly Host Processor supports only two types of ATM Machines which have been mentioned below.
१. Leased line ATM machines
२. Dial-up ATM machines
Leased Line ATM Machines:
These leased line machines are directly connected with the host processor with the help of four wire point to point dedicated telephone line. This type of atm machines is very much liked. The operating cost of such machines is also very high.
Dial-Up ATM Machines:
These dial-up ATM machines are connected with the processor via modem with the help of normal phone line. These types of atm machines require a normal connection and with this their initial installation cost is also much less than that of the leased line atm machine.
PIN is used to keep the ATM card safe, which is kept in a very secret manner. There is no way that an ATM Pin can be removed from your ATM Card. It is encrypted with the help of strong encryption software such as Triple Data Encryption.
Automatic Teller Machine Working Principle:
Automatic teller machine has a simple data terminal which has two input and four output devices. All these devices are interfaced with the Processor. Processor is the heart of ATM machine.
All ATM machines in the world are based on a centralized database system. ATMs have to connect and communicate with the Host Processor (Server). The Host Processor also communicates with the Internet Service Provider. It is like a gateway which is available in all ATM networks to all card holders.
Whenever a card holder wants to conduct an ATM transaction, then the user provides all the necessary information with the help of card reader and keypad. The ATM forwards all this information to the Host Processor.
The card holder then sends a transaction request to the cardholder’s bank. If the card holder sends a request for cash then the host processor withdraws money from the card holder account.
Once the funds are transferred from the customer account to the host processor bank account, then the processor sends the approval code to the ATM and instructs the ATM machine to provide the cash needed to the customer. Through this process you can get money from ATM.
The entire ATM network is based on a centralized database environment. It makes people’s life easier.
Automatic Teller Machine Advantages:
- The ATM provides 24 hours service
- The ATM provides privacy in banking communications
- The ATMs banks reduce the workload of employees
- The ATM provides new new currency notes to the customer
- The ATMs are a good option for customers of banks
- The ATM is very useful for travelers
- The ATM provides service without any error
Some features of Automatic Teller Machine:
- You can transfer funds between linked bank accounts
- Here you can receive account balance
- Print your recent transactions list
- You can easily change ATM PIN
- You can easily deposit cash here
- Prepaid mobile can recharge
- Can make bill payments
- Can withdraw cash
ATMs or Auto Teller Machines use these five simple steps to process:
1. Validate the card: It checks whether the debit / credit card machine used by you accepts or not.
2. Read the account number: Your account number which is present in your card is encoded in black magnetic script and it is mehud in the back of the card.
3. Validate the user: They are asked about 4 digit pin code to validate the correct user . Whose validity is only on getting the right answer.
4. Connect to the network: All information that is given by the card holder (account number, pin code) is validated in the bank network with the help of satellite network. ATMs often have dish antenna which they use to communicate with the help of satellite from bank’s network.
5. Dispense the cash: After everything is validated in the last step, cash is dispensed with the help of ATM. And the user gets cash.
After this the receipt of the transaction is printed and along with it the transaction ends.
Precautions to be followed while using ATM
So let us now know about some such precautions which if a common customer follows, then he can save himself and his money from spammers and online hackers. Common precautions related to the security of ATMs and debit cards are:
1. Keep your card safe – You should also keep your card in the same way as cash money. Because if it is lost due to some currency then you may have to face many problems for it.
2. Keep your PIN secret – You have to keep in mind that never share your ATM PIN with anyone. Or do not write it anywhere. Always remember this. At the same time, your ATM PIN should be changed from time to time, so even if someone accidentally learns your PIN, he cannot do anything.
3. Do not share any information about your card with anyone on the phone – through telephone many people try to know your PIN by fooling you and then use it to withdraw money from your account. One thing you should keep in mind that your PIN number is a very important number, no one else has the right to know it, even your bank will never try to know it from you. So do not share your PIN number with anyone.
4. Do not disclose any information regarding your card – no matter what it is, you should not disclose information about your card or bank with any people to them. You should never copy any unsolicited mail related to your card information. Remember that your bank never demands such information from you.
5. While shopping from the Internet, you should keep in mind that your shopping site is secure – nowadays the time is of online and in such a situation we also do online shopping. Which is worth doing, but you should always take care of the Secure Shopping symbol. Whenever you shop, do not forget to logout from the site after payment. Try to use your own system or computer or smartphone because there is a chance of getting virus in the computer of others.
6. Report immediately if your card is lost or stolen – Your card security information is completely yours, but if your card is lost, you should immediately report it and block it so that any miss. You could not Take care of this matter
7. Check the statement of your bank account immediately – You should avail the service of making the statement of your account on your mobile from your bank so that you can check it immediately while using ATM or any other online transaction. If you see any wrong transaction in your statement, then you should immediately supplement it.
8. Must link your bank account to registered mobile.
I sincerely hope that I have told you what is ATM and how does it work? Gave full information about and I hope you have understood about how to withdraw money from ATM.
I request all of you readers that you too should share this information in your neighborhood, relatives and friends, so that our awareness will be there and it will benefit everyone. I need your support so that I can convey more new information to you.
What is ATM : It has always been my endeavor that I always help my readers or readers from all sides, if you people have any doubt of any kind, then you can ask me irresponsibly. I will definitely try to solve those Doubts. How did you find this article how to withdraw money from ATM full form in hindi Tell us by writing a comment so that we too can get a chance to learn something from your ideas and improve something.