Cancer Essay : It is basically a disease in which there is abnormal development of body cells which spreads to different parts of the body. If this disease is detected in the initial stage then this disease can be cured. Cancer basically develops due to abnormal cell / cell growth. It is produced in one part of the body and has the ability to penetrate various organs. Possible symptoms of cancer are lumps, prolonged cough, abnormal bleeding, excessive weight loss and changes in the endocrine intestines. To help you in this subject, here we are providing some easy and effective cancer essays. You can choose any short or long essay on cancer according to your need and requirement:
Essay on cancer
Essay on Cancer – 1 (200 words)
There are about 100 types of cancer affecting the human body. Some of these are possible to treat if they are discovered during the initial stages. Yet medical professionals around the world are still trying to identify treatments for others.
Possible symptoms of cancer include abnormal bleeding, intestinal obstruction, excessive weight loss, pneumonia, extreme fatigue, skin changes, and prolonged coughing. These symptoms are not detected in the early stages of cancer and when the patient learns about it, he often dismisses them as normal physical issues. These symptoms, however, may also appear with other less serious health conditions. Cancer patients are considered normal to treat other diseases before they are detected.
A subset of neoplasm is formed in individuals with cancer. Neoplasm, commonly referred to as a tumor, is basically a group of cells that undergo abnormal growth to an extent to form a lump.
Some common causes of cancer include stress, lack of physical activity, pollution, infection, radiation, diet, tobacco, and obesity. The disease is inherited in 5–10% of cases. It has been said that about 70 to 90% of cancers are caused by environmental factors such as poor lifestyle choices and pollution. This can be prevented by taking some precautions.
Essay on Cancer – 2 (300 words)
Cancer is a condition that occurs due to excessive growth of cells and it can be cured if it is detected at an early stage. However, as the severity of the problem increases, it becomes difficult to deal with it. If the condition of the cancer is painful, then the methods used to treat it are equally painful. Therefore it is important to be vigilant and correct the problem before it arises in the first turn. Recognizing its symptoms and ignoring it is also a big mistake.
Signs that should not be ignored
Here are some symptoms that are early signs of cancer:
- Weight loss
Excessive weight loss without a drastic lifestyle change can be one of the earliest symptoms of cancer. If it continuously decreases then check your weight and take care.
Although it is common to feel tired due to various reasons, it is time to consult your doctor if you feel tired for any particular reason.
If the cough lasts more than a few weeks, it should not be ignored as it may be a sign of lung cancer.
- Changes in bowel movements
Blood in stool / urine or any other change in the body and prolonged constipation, diarrhea, pain can also be a sign of cancer.
- Long the wound
Prolonged pain that does not show any symptoms during treatment should also not be ignored. It can be a sign of skin cancer or a symptom of a cancer inside the mouth.
- Knot structure
Formation near the breast or thickening of the breast can be a sign of breast cancer.
The disease is spreading like wild fire with millions affected by it every year. It is important to know how to stop it and ensure that it does not ignore any of its symptoms. Take care, stay safe!
Essay on Cancer – 3 (400 words)
Cancer is the abnormal growth of cancer cells in any part of the body. Some cells are more affected by these abnormal growths. If it is not treated in time, it can spread to other parts of the body. If the cancer is detected later, it can prove very dangerous. The good news is that you can stop this problem in time.
Ways to prevent cancer
Prevention is always better than cure. So here are some ways you can prevent this situation:
- drink plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water is known to have health benefits. It is particularly useful in reducing the risk of bladder cancer because water can reduce the concentration of cancer-causing agents and destroy them. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Make sure to filter and clean the water.
- Healthy Diet
There is no doubt in eating a healthy diet. A healthy diet filled with various fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses is the key to a healthy lifestyle that keeps the risk of developing various types of cancer low.
- Eat green vegetables
The suggestion to eat green vegetables is because they are rich in magnesium which reduces the risk of cancer. It reduces the risk of colon cancer, especially in women.
- Include Brazil nuts in your diet
Brazil nuts are full of selenium which serves to reduce the risk of developing bladder, lung and colorectal cancer. It is a good idea to eat Brazilian nuts instead of adding volatile snacks to your meal.
According to a research, those who drink 5 or more cups of caffeinated coffee are less likely to develop brain, mouth and throat cancer than those who drink less coffee.
- work out
The importance of exercise is repeatedly emphasized. In addition to providing many other health benefits, engaging in moderate exercise regularly helps reduce the risk of developing various types of cancer.
- Avoid heavy eating
A recent research suggests that eating too much can cause the breathing system to fail, allowing the air that produces toxic cancer to exit.
Apart from following these healthy habits, it is important to reduce tobacco consumption and reduce alcohol intake.
According to researchers, about 70% of the known causes of cancer are lifestyle related and can be avoided with little effort. Adhering to a healthy diet and exercising regularly is essential to staying fit and forming a habit to prevent this dangerous condition.
Essay on Cancer – 4 (500 words)
Cancer is caused by abnormal cell / cell growth that usually arises in one part of the body and spreads elsewhere if it is not treated in a timely manner. Many types of cancers occur which include some common types of cancers such as lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, kidney cancer and blood cancer. Millions of people have to face this deadly disease every year. Some people confront it while some people give up in front of it.
Stages of cancer
There are four stages of cancer. If it is detected in the initial stage, it can be cured with the help of surgery and medication and if it is detected later it can usually prove fatal for the patient. Detailed information about the four stages of cancer is as follows:
- Phase 1
In the first stage the cancer is in a state of emergence in which it tries to develop.
- Phase 2
The tumor size increases in stage 2. However, it is not yet spread to the surrounding tissue. Sometimes stage 2 of cancer means that the cancer cells have advanced and the tumor has spread to nearby lymph nodes.
- step 3
In this stage the tumor size becomes very large and it can spread to the surrounding tissue. Cancer cells also spread to the lymph nodes of this level area.
- step 4
In this stage the cancer has spread to other organs / organs. This is called secondary or metastatic cancer.
Sometimes these stages can also be divided by the names of A, B and C.
Why are the stages of cancer necessary?
It is essential to detect the cancer stage as it helps in understanding the treatment required for the patient. For example, surgery or radiotherapy may help as a treatment if a patient is still in the first stage of cancer. It is a local treatment that treats only one part of the body.
If the cancer cells have broken down from the original site and have entered the lymph nodes, which means that the patient has entered the third stage of the cancer then supportive treatment is suggested. This typically includes chemotherapy post surgery. This is done to kill broken cancer cells from the primary tumor.
If the cancer has spread to other parts of the body, local and supportive treatment is not sufficient. This requires treatment involving the entire body. Such treatment is known as systemic treatment. This includes chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and biological treatments that circulate in the bloodstream.
Thus the variable method is used as a means of describing the size of the cancer and the severity of the problem. When a patient is treated for cancer, several tests are done by the doctors. This is done to understand the size of the cancer so that it can be known whether it has spread to other organs. This helps in identifying the level of cancer the patient is suffering from.
Many types of cancer can be treated if found in stage 1 or 2. However it becomes difficult to deal with this problem when it increases. The symptoms of this disease should not be ignored and the patient should be treated in time.
Essay on cancer – 5 (600 words)
Cancer is considered a fatal disease. It is caused by various factors including unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, stress, radiation exposure, infection, tobacco consumption and unhealthy food choices. There are several types of cancer that affect the human body and their development varies depending on the type.
Types of cancer
There are more than 100 types of cancer that can affect the human body. Here is a look at some of those common types and some important points are discussed about it:
- Lung cancer : This type of cancer occurs in the cells inside the lining of the lungs. There are mainly two types of lung cancer. These are small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. Some common symptoms of lung cancer include coughing up blood, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, and weight loss.
- Breast Cancer: This type of cancer is most common in women. Although men can also develop breast cancer. Early signs of this type of cancer include a lump in the breast, fluid discharge from the nipples and changes in breast size.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. It affects more than one lakh people every year. It can make skin cells in any body part. This is mainly due to prolonged stay in the sun. Skin cancer is divided into different categories such as stem cell skin cancer which occurs in round cells inside the outer layer of skin and scamus cell skin cancer which is flat cells on top of the skin.
- Melanoma: This is another type of skin cancer that forms in the melanocyte cells of the skin. It produces the brown pigment melanin and is considered the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It can also be found in parts described as intestines and eyes.
- Prostate Cancer: It occurs in men over the age of 50 years. It develops in the tissues inside the prostate gland. This gland is a part of the male reproductive system. While prostate cancer grows slowly, some can still grow relatively quickly. Cancer cells can spread from the prostate to other parts of the body.
- Kidney Cancer: It occurs in the kidney tubes. The two common types of kidney cancer are renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and transitional cell carcinoma (TCC). Kidney cancer usually develops in people above 40 years of age. However, there is another type of kidney cancer that affects most young children.
- Colorectal cancer: Complaints of colon and rectal cancer are also increasing. The colon is part of the large intestine and aids digestion while the rectum is found at the end of the large intestine.
- Bladder Cancer: In bladder cancer, the cancer cells that develop within the bladder tissue are the type of bladder cancer. Lower back pain, pain in the urine and blood in the urine are some symptoms of bladder cancer.
- Leukemia: There are basically four major types of leukemia. There are myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. This type usually occurs inside the bone marrow or tissues that are part of the blood cells and is called blood cancer.
- Non- Hodgkin lymphoma: It includes various types of cancers associated with white blood cells. It usually causes lymph nodes, weight loss, and fever. It can occur in different parts of the body.
Cancer Essay : Suggestions to avoid cancer include following a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and following a nutritious diet plan to prevent this problem. A person with a good immune system is less likely to develop the disease than a person with a poor lifestyle and weak immunity.